Sunday, August 16, 2009

WOW....we are finally done canning!! This was our first attempt at canning and I would have to say it went pretty well. About half way through our pickles we read that it helps to cut the cucumbers then soak in ice water for 4 hours to help with the crispness. We haven't had a chance to compare them yet but everyone that has tried them said they were wonderful. At the local farmers market I purchased some Mt. Dew jelly for my sister and she said it was really good. We might experiment with some different sodas and attempt jelly.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you have a blog!!! Awesome job canning, I'm impressed! Ryan did some pickles & salsa and I have to do some spaghetti sauce still. I've never canned either, may end up freezing instead, we'll see how ambitious I get!

    ReplyDelete