Monday, April 30, 2012

So today was my first day back to work since having Molly. It was hard to leave the girls. I was really getting used to staying home with them. I had a sweet little surprise when I got to work from Ellie. I took the last two english muffins to work so I could eat a mid morning snack. I pulled one out to eat it and first thought part of it broke off. I looked a little closer and noticed there were three little bite marks in the muffin. I busted out laughing, they were from Ellie. The little stinker has grown up so fast that now she is able to reach the next shelf in the pantry. I'm assuming she was in there and got a hold of the bag, took a muffin out, had a little snack and so kindly put the muffin back in the bag and placed it back on the shelf. I felt like a little kid whose mom put a sweet little note in her lunch. It was exactly what I needed to help me get through my first day back to work.
Ellie has been amazing with Molly. She loves to give kisses and tries to give Molly her pacifier whether she wants it or not. This weekend I was even able to prop Molly up so Ellie could hold her. It's still kinda surreal that we have these two sweet girls when not that long ago we were questioning whether or not we were ever going to be able to have kids. Tonight Ellie was such a good little girl. Jason gave her a bath and she played for a bit. About 8pm I told Ellie to give me a kiss and she needed to go night night. She did just that. She came over, gave me a smooch and headed to her bedroom. Jason put her in her crib and she went to sleep. She normally goes to sleep very easily in the recliner with one of us but never has she headed to her room like such a big girl to go to bed. Moments like this make me so proud.

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! :) Sorry you had to go back to work already, but glad everything is going so well! Can't wait to see more pics! :)

    ReplyDelete