Friday, October 16, 2009

back from "fake" transfer

Today went well. Norma and I were on the road just before 5:00am this morning. My appointment was at 11 so we had about 45min to shop before. The nurse met with me first to go over my medications and schedule. I will call her hopefully Monday or as soon as my period starts to get everything scheduled. She was a little surprised that we are traveling so many hours but said she was excited for us. I then went into a different room and got ready for my mock "fake" transfer. This was different in that I didn't have to have a full bladder. For my 3 previous transfers I was miserable from all the water I had to drink. He placed the catheter into the top of my uterus and took a measurement and drew a bunch of stuff on a piece of paper. He said it would be a easy transfer and I will not have to have a full bladder. I'm still a little crampy but he said this procedure is very important because when the real transfer takes place the embryo needs to be placed just right so it can implant. Well worth the cramps!

No comments:

Post a Comment