Friday, April 15, 2011

Pillowcase dress

This was my first attempt at sewing something that has to actually fit. I have no problems hemming things or sewing my scrapbook papers but a dress now that's a different story. I was having problems finding an Easter dress for Ellie. I didn't want anything too formal or expensive. I took a whole day about two weeks ago and went from store to store looking. The few I liked didn't come in her little size. Even a 3 month was too big. So I talked with a good friend and she suggested a pillowcase dress. I found a pattern online and went for it the other night. It could have been a little wider at the top so I could gather it a little more around the neck but it's adorable on and even more important...it fits! Will post pics with it on after Easter.

1 comment:

  1. You are so talented! I recently found a new website and thought of you. It's tooooo fun. Check it out!
    www.u-createcrafts.com
    Shell

    ReplyDelete