Monday, October 11, 2010

Shopping Trip to KC




It's been a little while but nothing too eventful to write about. Jason and I headed up to Kansas City to do some shopping for baby. We originally picked out some bedding at Restoration Hardware but got the color swatch of the pink and it really didn't look much different than the white card it was attached to. I wasn't wanting a bright pink but I at least want it to look pink and not white. We ended up finding a bedding set in KC, it's the brand I've been looking at for a while, Glenna Jean. I would have never picked this out online but in person it's too cute. It has several colors in it making it a little easier to coordinate other accessories for the room rather than the pink and gray we were going to do. The ladies at the store where we bought it at were so nice. They let us take it out and put it on the crib we ordered from them (floor model) to make sure we like the whole look. Now we have to pick paint colors and color scares me! We got a few swatches yesterday when we got back in town. We are wanting to do at least one pink wall but I don't want it to look like Pepto Bismol. I have the swatches hanging on the wall and might even go get a sample can of paint to make sure it's not too wild. Jason and I have tried some colors at his previous house and not good. The kitchen ended up looking like it belonged to the Smurfs. I keep telling myself it's just paint and if we hate it we can repaint. (Ok...no we in that, Jason can repaint)


Miss Sophie I think knows that something is going on. She has been ever so snuggly lately. She is doing so good after her little surgery. Other than her hair still shorter in the area of her incision and pain patch you can't even see a scar. I'm curious how she will act when baby gets here. I hope they get along good. I'm sure they will after Sophie gives here about a million and 1 kisses.


We are coming up on 23 weeks on Wednesday. Yesterday I had a cup a coffee and I forgot it wasn't decaf until it was too late. She either really liked it or hated it because she was moving for about a half an hour non stop. Even with out having caffiene she is moving a ton these days. What an amazing feeling that is I've waited so long to enjoy pregnancy.

2 comments:

  1. love the bedding! what store did you get it at?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got it at USA baby. It's so hard to pick out something online.

    ReplyDelete