Saturday, February 20, 2010

Yesterday I spoke with our Dr. in Dallas about what we should do. He said with recurring miscarriages and multiple failed IVF attempts he likes to do blood work to see if there is an immune disorder. I had some testing done after the miscarriage in October so I will need to get a copy of those and let him review the results. Then he will send me to have more testing done based on those results and tests that have already been done. He said immune testing can get very expensive but if we are getting ready to spend the money on another IVF cycle then we should have these test done. Jason actually ordered a book last week on immune disorders after doing some research online, he really feels that this is our problem. Now it's just figuring out which one I have. So I will get started on these tests asap so we will be ready for our next round of IVF in May. I told him I have a small window between classes ending and starting back up. We are planning to do all this between May 10-31st. I feel like he really wants to help us rather than just saying lets try again and taking our money. We also discussed doing the guarantee program where you pay upfront for 2 IVF cycles but you get a chance at 3 cycles and if you don't take a baby home then you get 70% of your money back. I'm glad I have school to take my mind off all this the semester is going so fast so this will all be happening very soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment