Thursday, September 23, 2010

20 Weeks!!

Well we are out of the teen's and into the twenties! I planned on posting last night but plans changed about 4:45pm when I was sitting at work and felt a couple big gushes. This might be TMI but sometimes I have a creamy mucus but this seemed like quite a bit. I decided to go to the bathroom just to make sure it was that or maybe a little wee wee. I've heard of lot of pregnant ladies wetting a little. Well I was totally shocked to see blood and lots of it. I came out of the bathroom shaking and in tears. Luckily there were a couple girls still at work that could help me figure out what to do.

At this time I was just thinking this is all coming to an end, I'm only 20 weeks and there is nothing they can do for me at this point. I called my Dr's office and got to talk to the nurse. She told me to head over to Wesley (hospital I'll be delivering at) to get things checked out. I called Jason and he was just leaving work so was able to meet me there. They got us right in and up to labor and delivery. They found a heart beat right away which made me feel so much better but they wanted to do a pelvic exam. Everything seemed to look good there, cervix was closed thank goodness so they (3 nurses and the Dr.) left the room and we sat and sat and sat...waiting to hear what we were supposed to do. It was about 1 1/2hrs later and Jason and I were so hungry we decided we better get a hold of our nurse. I called the number that the one nurse left on the board before she left to go home but know one answered that. Jason finally had to go find someone to let us know if we could go home or if they were going to keep me?? The nurse came in with some paperwork to fill out and I asked her if they found out why I was bleeding and she said she would grab the Dr. She came in to tell me she wasn't sure and these were her words before she walked out, "I can't say this is not the start of a miscarriage, so say a little prayer and keep fingers crossed". What? Who in the world tells someone that. So needless to say we got very little sleep.

I was to follow up with my OB today so I gave them a call at 8:30am and she wanted me to have an ultrasound at 10. I headed over there and my friend Jennifer was able to meet me there since Jason was at work. I was thankful she offered because I seem to always be so tough but I thought if something is wrong it might be good to have someone there. Everything looked great. The tech I think could have looked at baby all day if she don't have other appointments. We were there almost an hour, she was very thorough and knew a bit about our journey with infertility and wanted to make sure she checked everything. So feet up this weekend which is fine I have a bit of studying to do.


Profile picture of her with mouth open. We were watching her move her tongue and open and close her mouth. Amazing what they can see.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad everything is ok! What a precious profile pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How scary! I'm glad things look good...take it easy...what a sweet picture!

    ReplyDelete